Nottingham Removals and Storage provides both short term and long term storage services to its varied client base. We own and operate our own secure, modern storage warehouse conveniently located 10 minutes from J26 of the M1 and 10 minutes from Nottingham City Centre.
Our storage facility uses wooden containers or storage cubes (although they're strictly not cubes!) to keep whatever is being stored, safe and sound. Each container is 250 cubic feet in size and once packed is sealed and stored in our warehouse.
How Does Containerised Storage Work?
- Wooden storage container(s) are assembled and placed using a fork lift truck in our removal vehicle
- We drive to your property and pack the furniture and possessions to be stored into the storage container(s)
- At this stage we take an inventory as the container(s) are being loaded. If only certain items are being stored it would be useful for you to compile the list of items to be loaded and cross-checked with the inventory to ensure nothing has been left behind
- Transit blankets, padding and any other protective covers are used to keep your possessions safe whilst they are stored in the container
- Once a container is fully loaded it is sealed and taken back to our warehouse
- Back at our storage warehouse the sealed containers are offloaded and stored safe and secure in our warehouse
- When you need your belongings back, we will remove the sealed containers from our warehouse, load them back onto the removal van and bring them to your new address
- We will then unseal the container and unpack your furniture and belongings using the inventory to mark off each item being placed back in the property
What if I need access to my belongings?
We currently do not operate any self-storage facilities. However, if you do need access then please let us know, preferably with 48 hours notice, and we will endeavour to retrieve your container and allow you access to it.
If you need more frequent access at short notice then consider self storage.
Each storage container is
- 2.286m x 2.133m x 1.524m
- 7.079 cubic metres
For the metrically challenged
- 7.5ft x 7ft x 5ft
- 250 cubic feet