Nottingham Removals and Storage provides both short term and long term storage services to its varied client base. We own and operate our own secure, modern storage warehouse conveniently located 10 minutes from J26 of the M1 and 10 minutes from Nottingham City Centre.
Short term storage is typically required when
- selling residential property and may be used when decluttering before the presentation, marketing and sale
- moving into temporary accommodation to break a chain
- during the completion of building works
Long term storage is welcome too for example if you are
- downsizing and looking for new accomodation
- selling or letting your property and moving away from the area
- undertaking an office refurbishment project
- closing an office due to acquisition or contraction
How Does Containerised Storage Work?
- Wooden storage container(s) are assembled and placed using a fork lift truck in our removal vehicle
- We drive to your property and pack the furniture and possessions to be stored into the storage container(s)
- At this stage we take an inventory as the container(s) are being loaded. If only certain items are being stored it would be useful for you to compile the list of items to be loaded and cross-checked with the inventory to ensure nothing has been left behind
- Transit blankets, padding and any other protective covers are used to keep your possessions safe whilst they are transported to our warehouse
- Once a container is fully loaded it is sealed and driven back to our warehouse
- Back at our storage warehouse the sealed containers are offloaded and stored safe and secure in our warehouse
- When you need your belongings back, we will remove the sealed containers from our warehouse, load them back onto the removal van and bring them to your new address
- We will then unseal the container and unpack your furniture and belongings. We both have an inventory so are able to mark off each item being placed in the property
What if I need access to my belongings?
We currently do not operate any self-storage facilities. However, if you do need access then please let us know, preferably with 48 hours notice, and we will endeavour to retrieve your container and allow you access to it.
If you need more frequent access at short notice then consider self storage.
Each storage container is
- 2.286m x 2.133m x 1.524m
- 7.079 cubic metres
For the metrically challenged
- 7.5ft x 7ft x 5ft
- 250 cubic feet
The same sized storage containers can also be used for document storage. Special containers having an access door and shelving can provide accessible storage for 100 standard archive storage boxes.
We are able to offer retrieval and collection / delivery services for commercial customers storing their archived documents with us.
Nottingham Removals and Storage also provide a confidential waste disposal service which means we can also securely dispose of documents / CDs / microfiche by incineration, once they no longer need to be retained.